Data Privacy Notice
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
- Who are we?
Doran Estates is the data controller (contact details below). This means it determines how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
Doran Estates complies with its obligations under the ‘GDPR’ by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
- To provide effective property
management services to our clients and their tenants
- To support our clients in their sale of properties.
- To inform our clients of any news, events, opportunities or developments at Doran Estates.
- To send users that have signed up for our mailing list regular emails with updates on any news, events, opportunities or developments at Doran Estates or in relation to the topic of our profession.
- Subscribing to our mailing lists
Similar to other organisations, we use a third-party platform to support our communications. You can subscribe to our mailing lists to receive updates about our work and the property market. We use Mailchimp a third-party email platform, to share insights.
Mailchimp uses email tracking. Email tracking tells us when you opened an email and what links you clicked on. We use this information to improve our communications and include general information such as open and click-through rates to inform communications planning and reporting.
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list. At the bottom of our emails, you will be given the option to unsubscribe. When you click on this option, we will remove your name from our mailing list.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Depending on our relationship with you (e.g. clients or prospective clients, tenants, suppliers etc.), we maintain personal data on the legal basis of our legal obligations, contractual requirements or the legitimate business interests of Doran Estates.
- Sharing your personal data
In certain circumstance, we need to share personal data in compliance with legal requirements (e.g. with State agencies), in relation to contractual requirements (for example, with landlords or legal advisors) or in pursuit of legitimate company interests (for example with selected service providers to enable payments, repairs, assessments or installations).
- International Transfer
All personal data is stored within the European Economic Area or countries that have been designated as adequate by the European Commission. We will not transfer any data to a third country or international organisation without your explicit consent and without appropriate privacy safeguards in place.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out within our formal records retention policies and our legal obligations. We do not maintain data beyond what is absolutely required.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. This link explains the cookies we use and why.
- Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of
your personal data which Doran Estates holds about you.
- The right to opt out of our mailing list
- The right to request that Doran Estates corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary or lawful for Doran Estates to retain such data.
- If we have required your consent to process data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that Doran Estates provide the you with your personal data and in certain circumstances, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the
processing of personal data, where:
- Doran Estates relies on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing
- Doran Estates is using the data for direct marketing
- Doran Estates is processing data for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. As our main establishment is based in Ireland, the first point of contact should be Data Protection Commission (Ireland) – see details below.
All of these rights can be availed of free of charge.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice. The new notice will explain the new use of your personal data prior to commencing the processing. It will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Doran Estates Data Privacy Representative at the following location. email@example.com
You can contact the Data Protection Commission (Ireland) at the following location:
Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Phone +353 (0761) 104 800
LoCall 1890 25 22 31
Fax +353 57 868 4757 email firstname.lastname@example.org